A Note from the President
Hello Franklin Youth Soccer Families and Friends!
We are excited to be getting back out on the soccer fields to start our Fall soccer season! I want to thank the entire Franklin Youth Soccer Association (FYSA) community, our families, players, volunteer coaches and in particular the FYSA Board of Directors and Administrators for their support over the last several months to get to this point, playing soccer again!
Playing soccer this season will look and feel a little different given soccer rules modifications and the guidelines that we are required to play under by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Massachusetts Youth Soccer (Mass Youth), Boston Area Youth Soccer (BAYS) and the Town of Franklin. Please be sure to review the Mass Youth Return to Play Guidelines to set you and your child up for success for the upcoming season.
FYSA has gone to great lengths to create a safe and fun soccer environment for the upcoming season. It is imperative that we all do our part to follow the guidelines that have been put in place to give us the very best chance to have a long and successful soccer season. Some key highlights for families to know and follow:
- All players, coaches and parents are required to wear masks while arriving, playing, spectating and departing the fields. The are no exceptions to this rule. If you are on a soccer field this Fall, you will need to be wearing a mask.
- Only 1 parent per player is allowed to attend games and no parents are allowed to be on the fields during practices. We have a maximum of 50 people per field which must be strictly adhered to.
- We will require everyone to maintain their 6 feet of social distancing at the soccer fields. In particular we ask our spectators to stay behind the white dotted lines at the games which allows for the correct social distancing required from the soccer fields. If you are a spectator at a turf field, you will be asked to watch the games from outside the fenced in area.
- Please be sure to pick up all your trash and belongings when leaving the soccer fields.
- Please adhere to all on field signage that is in place to help guide everyone to use the correct player/spectator traffic patterns while entering and exiting the fields.
FYSA is committed to a safe soccer season as our #1 priority and we need all of you in our soccer community to support us in our efforts to carry out that mission. I know if we all support the guidelines that are in place, we will give ourselves the very best chance for a long and successful season. Parents will play a huge role in this process and supporting our coaches and FYSA during this time is vital.
Thank you all in advance for your support and see you out on the fields playing our beautiful game!
FYSA - President
COVID-Related News and Resources
FYSA is committed to do all it can to allow for safe and fun play for our participants and our visitors. We will follow all of the rules and policies of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and Mass Youth Soccer. Click for specific details related to Franklin fields and protocols.
The Franklin Youth Soccer Association is a non-profit organization that governs, conducts, promotes, and encourages the playing of soccer by the youth of Franklin.
We strive to develop players at all levels of interest and ability by helping them build and improve their skills, confidence, fitness, and sense of teamwork. We will use our best effort to provide each player with the opportunity to play soccer in an age-appropriate environment that emphasizes fun, competition, and the development of age-appropriate skills.
We are committed to provide quality coach and referee education.
We promote sporting behavior and fair play. We support and advocate for more and better training facilities and playing fields.